Thursday, December 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweetheart



Happy Birthday Hun!

Nick turned 27 last Wednesday! He wanted a simple birthday so I made him a cake, which we ended up taking to Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving, and we went to Pizza Factory for dinner, which was so yummy, I completely fell in love with the bread sticks! Then we came home and watched the Jazz game, I believe they won so Nick was happy. Neacel celebrated with us, he slept most of the time we were at dinner but a few times he would wake up and just stare at everything, then slowly fall back asleep. He is such a great child. Nick and I are so happy that we can still go out and do things, I just have to make sure he has a full tummy (which is now about 6oz of food) and a clean diaper and we are guaranteed a couple of quiet hours. Neacel loves sleeping in his car seat which is a huge blessing. On average he will sleep 3-6 hours in the car seat, so when we get home we just set the car seat down and go about our business. I love my boys so much! While watching the Jazz game, and once the baby was up Nick sat there feeding him and then laid him on his chest, Neacel just laid there contently. Neacel is 100% just like his daddy. His smile, the way he folds his hands, the different looks he gives, just everything is like staring at a mini Nick, which is neat and weird.

Neacel is 3 weeks old today and is growing so fast. He is picking his head up more and able to keep it there, since the hospital he has been able to lift his head but then will throw it around, kind of like a bobble head. He is paying more attention to things. Last night Nick was getting him out of his car seat and Neacel was just staring at him. Nick said it was like Neacel was looking at him for the first time. When we were putting our Christmas tree up Neacel just was staring at it and then would look at me then back at the tree. He is definitely paying attention to everything around him. He is also eating up to 6oz of formula and can burp like a sailor!
Sad news, Neacel got his first diaper rash! I felt so bad. Nick and I did what we thought we should but after looking things up online we found out we were only making it worse; sorry Neacel Mommy and Daddy are still learning. We were putting cream on his bum which was fire engine red but we were using wipes and powder. Very big no-nos according to other parents. So now it's wash clothes, blow drying, cream and then go without a diaper for a while, he is doing much better!
He is starting to smile more which I am loving, and he makes plenty of different expressions. I need to get pictures of them, Nick and I love just looking at him and laughing at the many faces this little bundle of joy gives us!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Nick! I'm so glad that Neceal let you go out, what a good baby!! He really does look a lot like Nick, but I can see you in him too Mandy. Oh how I wish I could hold him, I just love newborns. Give him a big hug and a kiss from me!