Sunday, May 31, 2009

Swimming Pools, smiles and strawberries

Nick and I bought Neacel a little swimming pool the other day just for him to have something to do other then sit inside. This way he can splash around and since he loves the outdoors we thought this would be fun. He didn't have the same idea as us. I bought him some really cute little swim trunks a few weeks ago and was so excited to put the pool and swim trunks to use.




Step 1: sit him on the side of the pool that has very little water
Result: screaming bloody murder









Step 2: have daddy splash in the water and show that its fun and not even a tiny bit scary
Result: screaming louder and shaking










Step 3: Have Mommy sit next to you and she isn't aloud to leave, not even for a second
Result: all better

He really doesn't love his pool but we like to say that its only because the water was cold. So tomorrow I will fill the pool for him let it sit in the sun and get warm and try again tomorrow evening!



Memorial day we went and hiked around City Creek Canyon for a little bit and Neacel was loving the view. He smiled the whole time and would try and grab trees and anything else he could get his hands on. Nick would keep asking what he was doing I'd look at Neacel and sure enough a huge smile and then laughing a little. He is such a happy little boy. He is always smiling and laughing, except nap time, but other then that he is so much fun to spend time with.
OK so after the robins had enjoyed 7 strawberries of mine we went and got chicken wire to wrap around my plants. We tried everything and this was my last hope to enjoy a strawberry. I am proud to say that I have now enjoyed 4 strawberries off one plant, 2 are currently getting ready to eat and my other plant is starting to bloom and some of those are getting ripe too. Take that you stupid robins!!! I had to take a picture of my first home grown strawberry just in case the robins got smart and it was my last!

2 comments:

Curtis and Jen said...

I think Neacel enjoys the pool with his friends + mommy the most. Jaycie had fun until she heard the thunder ha ha. Your Garden is coming right along!

Jessica said...

I think the warm water will make a world of difference, he loves the bath right? Good work on the strawberries!!