Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bear Lake

Nick, Neacel and I all went to Bear Lake this year for Raspberry Days. Nick talked about it forever about how excited he was for a raspberry shake and to relax on the lake. Me, not so excited, the shake sounds good but the lake? If any of you know anything about Lake Erie then you know you NEVER get in the water! So lakes just don't sound fun, I think of germs, sewers, some sewage plant sitting right there and just yuck! I get the chills thinking about it!

We went with Kara, Jacob and their cute little family. We spent time walking around the little area set up with cute stuff and great deep fried foods. Nick and I wanted to buy some raspberry jam but I literally just realized we didn't. :-( We had dinner at this great pizza place called Lakeside Pizza and I can honestly say, I have never had a better pepperoni pizza in my life! Bear Lake was amazing! It was so pretty and Neacel loved every minute of it. He kept eating sand and trying to eat the shells but luckily we got the shells out before he got them down. He just kept crawling around and splashing in the water. Nick and Jacob were trying to build a sand castle and Neacel and Lily had a different idea. They wanted to destroy the castle so the guys didn't get very far! Sorry boys! After the lake we went to get the much talked about raspberry shake! OMGoodness, thick, creamy, cold, just all around perfect at the end of the day!
Don't forget to read about our growing boy below!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love raspberry days, I could really go for a shake right now! I'm glad Nick got you out to Bear Lake, looks like Necael really had a good time too!!

Wild Wild West said...

Glad to see the kid isn't afriad of water. Even more glad to see you let him play!!

Looking forward to your visit soon.