Friday, November 23, 2007

~Thanksgiving~

WOW! Did we eat a ton...
This was my first Thanksgiving not with my parents in Ohio. This year it was with my husband and my in-laws (really weird to say) in Utah. They had the usual things to eat, nothing too weird! I loved spending time with his family and I don't remember who, but somehow the dinner table topic became puking stories; about people who ate too much on Thanksgiving and then puked and then would eat more...and the stories went for a while!!! Luckily none of us ate that much....

As soon as we were done eating Nick looks at me and says "Nap time!" We slept for a while went back upstairs to eae some dessert and then went and laid down again... We spent the whole day like that pretty much. Then we sat upstairs and watched The Incredibles with everyone... After the movie we went back to bed, Nick loves to sleep if you let him....

Nick made this AMAZING eggnog pumpkin pie.... I had some yesterday and a piece for breakfast this morning; it was that good! I made this saltine cracker toffee that his mom used to make for them.... Easy simple and yummy! Reelika made this salad that of course I'm craving....spinach leaves, raspberry vinaigrette dressing, boiled eggs cut up, bacon, croutons, chicken, and oranges... I think that's everything... It was soooo good though!!!

Nick asked a few times, if we were going shopping at midnight. (that's when the mall was opening) Luckily he was joking... I can't understand how people do that! Getting up early to save money, when you will just end up spending more than what you were intending!!! That's my view.... Not a tradition i will be starting anytime soon! I would much rather sleep than go shopping...

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and ate a ton...i know we did!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad you had a nice thanksgiving. I think you're right about shopping the day after... I just spent more than I would have, because it was on sale! Personally, I like an excuse to shop. :)