Monday, June 16, 2008

Its Just Life....I Think!?!

Some of you may not know but last Monday I was let go from Kid to Kid. Their reason was that they had hired another girl before they got ownership and she was starting this week! They offered me my job their first day of ownership. So I guess they couldn't keep me,yeah ok I didn't love it there anyways but it helped pay bills and made it possible for Nick and I to still do things. Its been a week now and I haven't had any luck in the world with finding a job. Ive applied everywhere and no one will take on the risk of hiring a pregnant girl...which I might add can work alot harder then these high school children getting the jobs~ I thought I had a job at Dairy Queen, I stood up and her first question was "So how many kids do you have?" I replied with "Just the one on the way, but I have a ways to go still!" Suddenly her tone changed from Im going to work something out on the schedule to we will call you if we get an opening! Are you kidding me? You have a GIANT now hiring sign up and ads online, and your going to call me if you get an opening!? Nick tells me to have more faith and I know I should but I can't find anything! And employers are doing exactly what they shouldn't be...discriminating! I can work every bit as hard as people who aren't pregnant, I have an easy schedule, and plan on working untill I have the baby and then going back! Somehow that isn't good enough? I don't know what else I can do at this point. I went to the LDS employment office this morning and the sister there was very helpful but didn't hesitate to say that its going to be very hard for me to find something. She has since called me twice for 2 jobs that just came in that might work for me. Ive applied even at Convergy's and even they turned me down! Walmart, Kmart and Shopko...still haven't heard anything from them. Im trying to stay strong and go on with life and pretend everything is just fine but its really not! I want to just give my old employer a piece of my mind. I want her to know how much she has hurt not only me, but my family! But, my mother didn't raise me that way....I was taught you just smile and walk away things will work out the way the Lord wants them to in the end! I just keep thinking of our child and what if I can't find a job? How are we going to afford a baby? We have cut every corner we can, there is nothing more to cut and its still hard for us! The economy stinks and people who are trying to live a normal life can't because gas is to expensive, groceries are starting to add up, and every other little thing! Im just stressed about not having a job, those of you that know me really well know that me staying home drives me insane. I become very depressed and start to fall apart. Right now I have no reason to stay home and Im starting to go insane slowy...I know when I have the baby Ill be home but thats different! But enough of me being Debbie Downer....

On the more positive side of things...I went to the doctor today and finally I gained weight! Never thought I would be happy about that. Heard the baby's little heart beat and the doctor sounded happy with everything.Im 18 weeks now but Im measuring about 20 and a half...he was also kinda shocked that I had already felt the baby, but completely blown away at the fact that Nick has felt the baby kick. He said that should happen for another 2 weeks about...he said its great though that the baby can kick hard enough that you can feel it on the outside!
Nick felt the baby last week sometime and Ill never forget that look on his face, one of totally happiness, fear and just weird! Since then he hasn't wanted to feel the baby but I don't blame him, I still think its weird. Its comforting knowing everything is ok but at the same time I just want to yell stop. This kid is non stop! From the time I get up till the time I go to bed Im constantly feeling something. And its kicking hard enough to wake me up at night...Im so looking forward to the next few months! Im just keeping my fingers crossed that with me measuring farther along that Ill have the baby sooner!!!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I haven't ever got a job by just stopping by and turning in an application. And I have tried lots of times. I've always been really lucky with getting great jobs but it's always been either because I knew someone or I made a conection with them when I met them (once we knew the same person, and the other time he just really liked hiring Mormons). What I'm trying to say is that you're not alone, I think that's the hardest way to get a job and ESPECIALLY in your condition! I'd say your best chance is either with someone you know our a friend's acquaintence or something just so they can vouch for your work ethic.
That said, I have to say that I agree with Nick (sorry Mandy). You need to have faith, maybe this is all happening for a reason. You never know what the Lord has in store for you. And I KNOW that if you are doing what you should be doing (you know the regular stuff like praying, reading your scriptures, attending the temple, etc.) that it will all work out and the Lord will guide you to do what you should do that's best for your family. Sorry to get all preachy on you, but I mean it!
Chin up Charlie!! I can't wait to hear the results of your ultrasound soon!!!

Jessica said...

I didn't realize how long that was until I published it and could see the whole thing at once... sorry!!! I tend to be long winded. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the job thing! That stinks! I hope something works out for you.
That's cool that Nick felt the baby move. When do you go for the ultrasound? Isn't it on the 20th? Or maybe it's when you're 20 weeks? I can't remember.
Heston's sis-in-law Traci found out yesterday that they are having a boy!