Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Is it a Monster?

Yesterday, I went to the doctor again and to my surprise I grew an inch in 4 days! I'm now measuring 38 weeks and I'll be 37 on Friday! Could I be getting ready to have a monster? This whole pregnancy I've been measuring ahead at least a week and a half, then for 2 weeks he decided not to grow! Between then and now he has had like a major little growth spurt by growing 4 inches in less than about 2 weeks. So again I'm measuring ahead by about a week and a half!

Next week the doctor said that if he is going to come early that I should start dilating, if not then it looks like he may be a little stubborn and we will induce after my due date! I don't know if I can seriously wait that long, I pray that next Wednesday something is going on to let me know he will be here early!

His moving is slowing down which is great for me, doctor said that he is getting ready and we will just have to wait and see what Neacel decides! But when he does move I feel like he is trying to tear open my stomach to get out or something. He starts going crazy! Nick and I are going to have our hands full I believe, this could be a monster!

Last night, Nick and I went to the gym (Funny I start that now and not months ago). We want to start going every night, just a little something since we both have gotten pretty lazy. I ended up biking 2 miles and then I felt like I was going to die! Today I feel great though so I'm willing to do that again! Nick ran and lifted weights. Hopefully, we can keep this going like we want, it would help me shed those baby pounds that I'm dying to get off already! Plus, I heard that working out towards the end can induce labor, if you haven't done much exercise your whole pregnancy! So I'm crossing my fingers that one night my water will break or something to let me know that he is on his way! I'm just ready to have him here with us, and bring him home and lay him in his crib and just stare in amazement! So if you know of any ways to induce labor, please share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it my dear but I am a firm believer that NOTHING works. I think that anyone that tells you something worked for them, it just worked out for them that the day they tried the "remedy" is the day the baby would have come regardless! I was 12 days overdue with Deklan and I tried EVERYTHING I could think of or find in books and on the internet. Absolutely NOTHING worked!!!
By the time I had Dallin I was able to find a couple of new ideas that I hadn't heard of before so I tried those too, nothing again!
I tried the herbal teas, the herbal drops, (black and blue kohosh) Castro oil, RUNNING, walking, jogging, sex (about 3-4 times a day) the pregnancy massage, bumpy drives, carnival rides, and anything else people told me!
Unfortunately they take their sweet time! It's more common I hear to go over with your first one too. With Dallin I delivered at 39 weeks.
It's too bad you don't go to my doctor though. They will induce you as soon as 39 weeks instead of making you wait until you're overdue!
Good luck! I know it's hard, but really I would try the very best you can not to think about it! Start a project or something else you can REALLY focus on, otherwise you'll probably turn out like me and just go crazy!!!
Hang in there girl! You're almost done! ;-)