Monday, October 20, 2008

That Elephant Disease

So I had a doctor appointment last Friday and things are going well. In 2 weeks Neacel went from measuring 34 on the dot, to 37!?! He is growing a ton I guess. I'm not dilating (which no one said how painful it was to find out!) and he still isn't dropping. He and myself are healthy and happy, I guess you could say. I have truly been blessed with this pregnancy, it's had its rough times but the positives out weigh the negatives. We both are healthy and haven't had any complications, thank goodness! The worse thing for me has been swelling....

Speaking of swelling, my right leg swells to the point that I look like I have tiny sausage links for toes and no ankles, it's hard to explain but it's really bad. Friday night Nick and I went to the movies, I sat there the whole time in no pain and leaning more on my left side. Well, when we were walking out my foot felt really weird, tight in a way. Once we were outside we kinda laughed at how swollen my toes were, it looks funny! When we got home and I put PJ's on I got a good look at my leg, Holy crap it seriously looked like I had that elephant disease in my leg and foot. I had no ankle and the inside of my foot had a bubble and basically, just wow!

We couldn't think of a reason why it would do that and thought it was just because I was going strong all day; I had been walking a little more then usual but I had been drinking a ton of water. I carry around this 2 qt bottle that I fill and drink it all before bed. So I went to bed, woke up Saturday and everything looked normal again. Since then, by bed time every night I have the elephant disease! I laid around a ton yesterday and kept plenty of fluids in me and everything, but for some reason I was still swelling! I took a bath because it usually helps and guess what? It didn't!!!!

I'm going to the doctor again tomorrow for my one week appointment and I'm hoping that I'm swollen so I can basically just say: "Look! I lay around and drink a ton, prop my legs up for hours and I'm walking as much as I can and basically just doing everything you have told me to and well this is what happens!"

He constantly tells me just relax, drink plenty, walking helps, baths help, blah blah blah... If they help, can you explain why this is happening to me!? It's the only place I'm swelling and basically I'm tired of it!

Here is a picture:


It's not the greatest to show the swelling but you get the point! See how my ankle is totally not even there? I hope he has a better answer for me other than just keep drinking a ton, propping my leg up....blah blah blah!

But just a little over 3 weeks to go!!!! We put the carseat in the car and my hospital bag is basically packed! It's all happening so fast, but I'm so excited to have my little boy here!

No comments: