Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"D" Day is Coming!

Today, I went in for my check up and things are looking great! I'm measuring 38 and a half weeks and he has dropped a little! Well, the doctor of course had to check to see if I'm dialating or anything. Good news, I'm measuring at 2cm and I'm 70% effaced! The doctor thinks I'm going to have him before the 14th, and then told me to make another appointment in a week and he will see me then, if not sooner!

Reality is kicking in big time. All day Ive been in this panic mode pretty much. I'm now afraid every ache or pain is labor! I've been having contractions but nothing major, nothing to rush to the hospital about. They happen here and there and aren't close enough to count! But as soon as they are 5 min. apart or my water breaks then, it's time! I'm trying to stay calm but can't, I almost wish the doctor wouldn't have told me that.

Nick said I need to prepare myself and basically tell myself every day that this could be THE DAY! That's a little frightening! Our 1 year anniversary is the 10th and I really don't want to spend it in the hospital giving birth. He can be here a day before or after but not the day of. It's so surreal, Nick is so excited and so am I, but I mean I'm the one who has to do the hard work to get him here!

We will let everyone know as soon as I go into labor, Nick is going to call our mom's and they are going to pass the word onto family, and Nick or I will text/call all of our friends! I'm just hoping it's a quick labor and delivery; that's the only thing I worry about at this point. Pain won't be too bad, I want all the pain meds they can give me!

Also, my shower was this past Saturday and it was absolutely wonderful. Neacel got plenty of cute clothes and shoes, blankets and tons of other cute things. We just have a couple more things to get him and I this weekend and then bags will be packed and ready to go! I can't wait to play "dress up" with him and all the clothes we got; he is a very well dressed and spoiled child! He has tons more than I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!
My sis-in-law just had her little boy today. 7lbs 1 ounce. We don't get to see him yet but when I got the text from Josh I just started crying!
I hope that I get to see your little one soon!!!!
I am so excited for you!
Love you!

Jessica said...

So glad to hear things are moving along! You'll do great, don't worry about delivery your body knows what to do. I can't wait to see pictures of that baby!!