Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I wish I knew...

I wish I knew how to sew, or how to be crafty in general. I'm not a crafty person at all. I pay for other people to be crafty. Ok, so the reason for the huge picture, Nick loves quilts, I'm not a big fan to be honest. But I saw on Studio 5 this morning an argyle segment. The lady was saying that it's nice to have one large piece of argyle for a room. Well, I LOVE argyle and so does Nick. The current quilt on our bed is so dark and with a darker head board, I think the room needs some color. So I got to thinking, I want a argyle quilt, where I pick out the fabric, and hire someone to make it for me! Smart right? Of course, in my mind I can see the colors and everything. Then I saw this quilt; its exactly what I want, design wise, but different colors. I'm wanting yellow, blue, green, maybe a little purple to add something girly. Now to find fabric, look at costs, and then find someone to make it for me! Easier said than done of course. I have the desire to be crafty, but thats about as far as it goes. But once we find out what we are having I do plan on making a car seat cover.

Speaking of babies, I swear this one is a girl! I keep having dreams that I give birth to little Ainsley and she has a ton of hair and big brown eyes and little rosey cheeks. The picture is stuck in my head. I still really want a boy but that hope is slowly going away. I'm happy either way, I just want a happy, healthy baby; gender doesn't matter. I'm almost 13 weeks and still doing great. I really have nothing to complain about!

Neacel is getting big and turning into a destructive little boy. Something is always being broken or torn (usually books of his). He is so curious about everything around him. He is learning so quickly and impresses us constantly with the number of words he knows/understands. The other day we were driving to Logan and I had to find a way to keep him happy the last 30ish minutes so I decided to ask him to say words for me; he said almost all the words, or at least tried. I was asking him words that I have NEVER asked him to say, like colors; he could say most of them. I was in total shock. So I'm starting to work on words a ton more with him since he seems to be catching on so quickly right now. Our little genius is getting smarter, we are in trouble!

Nick is graduating this weekend and we are so excited for him! He is officially done with school, for 3 months! He is so happy to finally be getting his degree. We are going to spend some time in Cedar City, he wants to show me around and take Neacel and I some places. So another little mini vacation before school starts!

1 comment:

Curtis and Jen said...

I love the name Ainsley. I picture your next one a mini Mandy with the beautiful big brown eyes/hair. I can't wait six more weeks. We should raise money for fetal photos!