Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Quiet is never good


Let me start out by saying, I love Neacel to death. I love his laugh, the way he says "I love you" the way he thinks everything is hilarious, I just love the little boy that he is growing up to be. What I don't love....when he gets quiet! What mother doesn't like when her child is quiet? Aren't I supposed to love and take advantage of moments like that? Well, if you know Neacel, and I mean really, really, know Neacel, you know that quiet from him means that he is doing something he shouldn't be and is trying to not give it away.

One evening Nick and I were trying to throw dinner together and Neacel was playing in his room. Things got quiet, we didn't hear him talking about basketball, and we couldn't hear the farm that he always plays with. But then we heard sounds of him playing, and so we didn't check on him, and were'nt worried. So we went on making dinner and once it was done I walked around the corner to the picture above. Neacel sitting on a pillow with our brand new box of 1000 q-tips all over the floor. I think maybe 4 q-tips were still in the box. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So instead, I called Nick over and grabbed the camera. We stood there laughing, then Nick and Neacel cleaned them all up. And to think I hated when my brother wanted to play "52 card pick up" I would complain and punch him in the arm if he even threatened it. I now miss that game, because I think all of us moms can agree, we pick up more then 52 things a day, including children, toys, books, shoes, clothes etc etc.

Nick is in school full force this week. He spent most of Monday at the library studying and then was lucky enough to study at home today while Neacel was napping. He just got home and told me the teacher said that she will try to end class around 7:30 instead of about 8. Sounds good to me. That allows Neacel to see Dada before he goes to bed.

I don't normally ask for things like this but I have a huge testimony in the power of prayer. I'm not going to go into detail as to what is going on but if everyone could just keep my Grandpa in their prayers, I would be so grateful. He has surgery on Thursday, all I know is that it's something to do with his bone marrow. I don't know much about the surgery, but I know his condition and how he has reacted to other surgeries. We are keeping positive thoughts, but fear is getting the best of most of us.

We hope everyone is doing well. We miss everyone a ton, and will be soon posting pictures of the apartment and area. I just used up the battery on the camera taking pictures of Neacel and have yet to find the battery charger....oops!

No comments: