Thursday, September 9, 2010

Little Monster


Lately, I love watching Neacel and thinking about what he might be when he grows up. He laughs at everything, and loves making people laugh...comedian? He will tell you when you have an "ouchie" and when you are ok....doctor? But then he loves cars, trucks, and climbing under them...mechanic? It's amazing to think that Nick and I are raising this little person that one day is going to do something huge and amazing with his life. No matter what it is, you know he will make an impact. Neacel is becoming so independent, even more then he already was. Which means, he thinks that he doesn't need a nap and that bedtime is when he wants it, not at 8 like its always been. In fact, last week Neacel went to bed at 8 and around 9 we still heard him playing in his room. This isn't anything new, but will still would walk by his room and tell him to go to bed, he quickly told us no. Well, super long story short, Nick went in there at 10:30 to tuck him in and everything. As Nick opened the door Neacel booked it out of his room, and started dancing around the living room. Till midnight that night, Neacel was running around the living room laughing, dancing, jumping on the furniture, playing with toys etc etc. We asked him many times if he was going to bed, he quickly replied "No, UP UP" We just sat here watching him. We were laughing so hard. We had never seen him like this, this was like 3 days of energy dying to get out! At midnight, after trying to get him to lay down in our bed and trying everything in the book we finally just decided he needed to go to bed....at 1am Neacel was kicking our wall saying "No Sleepy Time.....UP UP!" My first thought was, well maybe he will sleep in, NOPE! Neacel was up at 8am that morning, and a brat all day. Luckily, we haven't had that happen again, but my goodness, it was one of those moments that you think about and just laugh and remember that even though everyone was tired and bratty the next day, we had a fun night together as a family, enjoying Neacels entertainment. That crazy wacky night, Neacel started saying "Neacel, I want..." and will sometimes still saying...maybe it was just the sugar rush that night?

Nick is doing great in school, just needs to figure out a study schedule. His Thursday teacher just piles on the reading, while Tuesday and Wednesday teachers give a decent amount without over doing it. So that's been a little hard on him. He will spend time Monday studying and then Tuesday and Wednesday reading at the school. By Thursday he doesn't have all of his reading done, so he has to spend time on Friday catching up with everything. Its just a cycle that he needs to find a way around, but the plan that he had hasn't worked because of that one class. So even though he wants to spend time with his wonderful family :-) he has been going to the school between noon-3 so that he can study a ton. Poor guy, I know it's best for him and for our family but it just stinks!

I finally was able to go to the dr. Broden is doing good with a strong heartbeat of about 130. Im measuring 32 weeks, so only about a half a week ahead of what I am. I can't schedule my c-section till Im 36 weeks, which sucks because Im ready to set the date now and don't plan on changing my mind. I know Ive leaned towards Oct 28th but Nick gave me a good reason not to go that day. He has school that night, and even though I don't care if he left the hospital and went to class, he has a huge project due that night. Again, I thought OK well just go to class, its not a big deal. Then he said that it would be hard to focus on this project knowing that I was in the hospital with a new baby....oops! I didn't think of it that way. So Oct 29th is the day unless for some reason the dr says No. I go to the dr again next week, because they didn't have my records so we will do another checkup just to make sure everything is stable since I hadn't seen a dr in a month in a half. Nick yells at me for still sleeping on my stomach, and Broden recently has started moving more, and a lot lower. Its painful to be honest. Ive got braxton hicks daily now, and usually spend my night laying in bed trying to relax and get them to quit. I'm wondering if all this is Broden's way of telling me he is going to be here early?

My grandpa's surgery went well. We will know in a week what he has.....it could be something as little at a folic acid deficiency or cancer. Either way, its a blessing to know what it is.

No comments: