Monday, November 8, 2010

Broden Christopher is Here!

Broden was born Monday at 8:59am. He was 8lbs 4oz and 21inches long. He is such a calm content baby and sleeps like a dream. We came home on Wednesday and everything is going great. Surgery went well and I'm recovering quickly. Broden is a spitting image of Neacel as a baby, just a little smaller, and not as much energy! We can see that Broden has blue eyes, and tons of dark hair but we are excited to see if his hair stays dark or goes blonde like Neacel's did. Broden is such a perfect addition to our family.

Neacel has done well with the new baby but the word soft means nothing...its something we need to work on big time, but he is always wanting to help the baby and loves to talk to him. He loves to give his baby brother kisses and tries to hug him but its more of a shove with his head. My mom and Neacel came to visit us in the hospital on Monday and I was interested to see how Neacel would do. Neacel walked in the room and went over to Broden, pointed and said "Baby Broden". I was shocked that he knew who he was without anyone saying anything to him. The only thing we have had a hard time with is Neacel not understanding that I can't hold him or let him sit on my lap...I try to explain that I have a ouchie on my tummy and he still doesn't care, he just wants to sit with me. Luckily, Nick and my mom have been a huge help this first week. Mom took care of Neacel and Nick took care of everyone. He has been super-dad for sure!

Even though its nothing but sleepless nights and energy filled days with Neacel, things are just perfect...with or without naps! I think at this point I'm running on adrenaline I just don't know where its coming from. Anytime I get to comfy on the couch I doze off. Nick is exhausted and Neacel has all the energy in the world so things in our home are a little crazy! As for now, my house is a mess, Broden is sleeping, Nick is still passed out and Neacel is watching his favorite Caillou show.....I'm loving the simple silence. Nick's parents are going to be here later today and will be staying till Friday. We are so excited to see them and for them to see the boys! Its going to be a fun week for sure! Wednesday we are having a combined birthday party for Nick and Neacel while Nick's parents are here. Neacel's birthday is this Saturday and Nick's isn't until the 26th but we wanted to do something while they are here! We also have our 3rd anniversary this week! Talk about a busy month.....

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats!!! He's so dang cute. I can't wait to see more pictures of him. It's good that Neacel likes him, the being gentle thing will come. Take care! Sounds like you are handling things well though.

Cieslak Family said...

Broden is so cute! Congratulations, I'm glad that everything went well and that you guys are good too. Neacel's sayings you posted were so cute, he has grown a lot. He's not a baby any more, he's a kid. Dan thinks he looks just like Nick did when he was younger, not just resemblance, but spitting image.
Dan also has stopped by the Nerf gun section in the store wanting to buy Gavin a gun and swords and battle axe and mace. But Gavin is only one...

Unknown said...

Congrats! Your little one is so cute and I love seeing the pictures of you and your family! I love your blog and can't wait to keep checking it out!