Sunday, August 19, 2012

Miss Macey Reese Is Here!

photo taken by Rachael Cook Photography
 I actually have a somewhat interesting story to tell about Macey's arrival. Monday night I was having contractions that were about 8 minutes apart, of course I thought nothing of it. Tuesday I woke up and didn't feel anymore contractions so I went about my day. We had a lot of thing to get do... play date, shopping, dinner with the missionaries, and I had a baby shower that night with some ladies from church. While getting ready for the shower I started having contractions again, they were only 4 minutes apart, not painful but enough to notice and make you stop and think about it. I went to the shower and had a wonderful time, didn't feel anymore contractions until I got home. Nick and I were sitting around talking about how stressed I was about getting things done because we had procrastinated so bad at this point. Around midnight I basically said I didn't care anymore, the contractions were getting worse and that I was going to bed. Wednesday morning Nick ended up getting up with the boys (which is unusual) and I woke up around 8:30 still having contractions. I went into my dr's office around 9:30 because I didn't know what to do. My c/s was scheduled for Saturday the 11th and I wanted to make sure with the dr that I was progressing before I went to the hospital. After being monitored up and checked for 30 min, they told me to go to the hospital and said it could just be dehydration (hard to believe when you drink 12+ cups of water a day) but that it should be ruled out. I had a friend from church watch the boys for me while we ran to the hospital, I am so thankful she was able and willing to take the boys at such a short notice. Between 10 when I left the dr's office and 11 when I got to the hospital I was in full blown labor. I couldn't function through the contractions. I wasn't able to receive an epidural until we knew what was going on with my surgery. I hated everyone in there for that, but I have gotten over it since then. Surgery was at 1, I spent hours having contractions, and those of you who don't have c/s, and don't use pain meds, I don't know how you do it. I never in my life have been in so much pain. Macey was born at 1:38pm, August 8th, weighing 7lbs 10oz and 22in long. She has dark hair and blue eyes. I healed quickly and was out of the hospital on Friday afternoon.

She is almost 2 weeks old and we love her more then we ever thought possible. She is such a joy to have around. She is sleeping like a dream, nursing like a dream, and even keeps her headbands in. A friend from church did her newborn photos and they are beautiful. (to see them all go here) The boys are doing awesome with her. Neacel wants to help her every time he hears her cry. He calls her sweetie and Peaches, after the baby in Ice Age 2. Brody gives her kisses all the time, and she is the first to get an actual kiss from him, he normally will just blow a kiss. He also likes to hit her randomly to let her know who is the boss....she doesn't even react. Nick loves having a daughter, but says its still weird to change her diaper. Only Nick! We are so blessed to have her be apart of our family, I'm thankful that she made an appearance early too! Oh and it took me 5 days until I had to paint her little toe nails hot pink.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh Mandy!! She's adorable, I love all of her cute bows and accessories in the photos. I do love a good birth story, nice work! You are so tuff and totally could have natural child birth. For me when I started feeling like I could not handle it and was starting to say I couldn't do it (in tears of course) that's when the baby is born! Anyway, so glad she's here safely. Such a blessing that her brothers like her too! Congrats!!! Oh and funny about Nick with the diapers, Dan changed our girls diapers but wouldn't ever put on any creams or anything like that. Ha ha.