Thursday, September 18, 2008

Little Baby Neacel...

Is just about here! I went to the doctor Tuesday and I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead still so the doctor is starting to agree with me that this might be an end of October early November baby! FINALLY =) But he isn't going to change the due date for a few more weeks once he does the internal exam....which sounds really scary because I have no clue what is going to happen!!
So Neacel could very well be here sooner then we thought. He is still head down which scared me a little bit, I asked Dr. Terry if that was OK. Ever since we were able to tell what position he is in he has been head down and I asked if there is a possibility if he has no sense of direction!! I read that at this point and before that the baby is moving a ton and is usually head up because they then know up from down. I was just scared Neacel didn't. Dr. Terry said its fine and that its probably just his way of saying I'm ready to get out. We both got a good laugh out of it. With him being head down I can now tell what is what, and Neacel LOVES sticking his butt out. Unfortunately, it really hurts! He doesn't have any room anymore the poor thing...He is just constantly tossing and turning, oh and we can't forget the hiccups that happen at least 3 times a day. He is still very active and I'm so excited to get him here. This whole pregnancy has been a blink of an eye but now its starting to slow down....still fast but nothing like it has been.

We were going through all the clothes we have for him and I'm amazed. He is absolutely spoiled rotten already and I haven't even had baby showers yet! He has a ton, but every time Nick and I see something really cute for cheap we buy it....Neacel has clothes from newborn to 24 months. More of the newborn and 0-6 months but still, he has more shoes then I do, a pretty fun book collection, and some cute little toys. With tons more coming...I love my little boy, but we are already spoiling him and he isn't even here yet. Nick said a few weeks ago, "Just think he will be here in a few weekends!" and its pretty much true. I mean not exactly a few but not many more if he comes early! Reality is starting to hit more and more and its really scary! I'm going to be a mom, and this little boy needs me for everything and I need to be there. This isn't a kid I can hand over to some one else and leave and return the next day or whatever. He is 100% depending on me! Its amazing and yet the most frightening thing Ive done. I'm responsible (along with Nick) to raise this little boy, teach him right from wrong, take care of his Boo-boo's, keep him happy, make sure he is always healthy, and so much more. The weight of the world is going to be on my shoulders and its starting to get there now. While I'm taking care of him and teaching him I still have to find a way to be a wife and keep Nick happy too and spend time with him! On top of it all keeping the house clean which I have a hard time doing now and keeping myself from turning into a "frumpy" mom.... I'm understanding why moms are called supermoms! I'm so excited yet at the same time I want to just freeze time and wait a little bit longer for all of this, unfortunately, that's not a power that comes with being a supermom!

2 comments:

Cami said...

Hey Nick and Mandy, That's so exciting that your little guy is almost here. And thanks for commenting on our blog! We LOVE comments :)

Jessica said...

Lucky Neacel, he will be the best dressed kid on the block for sure!! I can't believe he might be here next month, that's just crazy. I'm so excited for you two, please keep the updates coming!!