Friday, April 22, 2011

First Time Crafter

So I have always wanted to be crafty, but always have gotten the impression that's its super time consuming and expensive. Silly me! It's not if you use discount stores. I want to put my own touch on our home, I want homemade things that I look at and smile because I love the work I put into something small that makes such a difference in the house. First I needed to get some ideas from others. A friend shared an amazing site that has everything you could think of.(Click here for site) I check this site daily and get so many ideas. First thing first....what craft to do?I chose a simple, cheap wreath idea. Wreaths can go anywhere right? I had the perfect spot to put it in my head. Thanks to Born Again Crafter I knew what project I wanted to take on, the Book Wreath. I bought the wreath at Salvation Army for .45 and an old book for .50! Of course because I wasn't a crafter before this I needed to get a glue gun. I know that it looks kind of by its own right now, but I have a picture that is going to go almost next to it that hasn't been hung yet.


The craft bug then had hit! What things could I do next? Well, I'm going to make a magnet board (still looking for the perfect frame) and homemade magnets. A cork board because I am tired of all the appointment cards and what not on my fridge. Then I realized I had some letters that were boring and still packed up. How to fix them? Mod Podge and scrapbook paper silly goose! They were a dark cranberry color before and since my living room is no longer dark colors (its now yellow's greens and brown) it needed a new look....Tada! It's on top of the tv right now, but its going in our room. At first glance I thought it looked a little hippy-ish, which isn't a bad thing, just not me. But now I love it and the fact that it was SO easy to makeAny one have ideas how to clean up the top of a tv and hide every thing on it? We have the dvd player, Wii, xbox, and a few other random things. I hate the look but have no idea what to do about it. My only thought....time to buy a flat screen and a nice entertainment center :-) Nick says no...

No comments: