Saturday, December 8, 2007

Nick's Christmas Party

Nick's Christmas Party was amazing! It was in the Joesph Smith Memorial Building and I was completely blown away. The meal of course was amazing but I was more amazed by the building. I love how Nick would tell me what kind of wood the room was made of and every little thing that you don't think is important but it's nice to know; makes me feel a little smarter.

So here is the not so great part of the night. Nick and I get there and just grabbed a table where no one else was sitting. So people are walking in and I'm meeting more people then what I can handle but none of them sit with us. Then Nick points out who the owner of the company is and a few other super important people in the company. Guess where they all decided to sit? With us. So you have the company owner and his wife, then I think some guy that use to be part owner or something and his wife. Then you have the new guy Nick and his newlywed wife me. So there are still 4 seats at the table and I just keep thinking "please someone Nick knows better sit here." Well then, the owners 2 daughters and their husbands sit with us. AMAZING! It was weird! We got up after prayer to get in line for dinner and they all just sit there; we were completely in our own little world most of the time!

After that we walked around Temple Square to see the lights and everything. I want to know who does all the lights so perfect? I'm going to hire them when we get a home! It was just amazing! The trees are completely covered and Nick pointed out even the branches touching the ground! And to think we basically just threw the lights on our little Charlie Brown tree! I love the nativity scene though. Nothing I was expecting but beautiful. I wish my parents could come out to see everything!!

So far this month has been tons of fun with decorations and Christmas parties, getting together with friends, and shopping, (which only Nick has done). I don't go useless I have someone to go with. Anyone want to go the weekend before Christmas and be crazy with me? Just a thought!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Whoa! Ok, so I check your blog everyday and I have been getting ready to call and tell you to post something and then this morning you have posted like 4 things! So I'll keep my mouth shut. Sounds like you've had an eventful month! I read you are being a nanny, do you like it? Work Christmas parties are always weird because it's political as well as a party so I never know how to act. But I am sure you did a good job. :) can't wait to see you this weekend!!