Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Nick and I spent our one year anniversary in the hospital! Sunday night I started getting really bad menstrual like cramps and they weren't going away. I went to bed and everything was OK, wasn't perfect but I could sleep. Yesterday morning I got up and was still having those horrible pains. Nick told me to call the doctor and see what they said for me to do. So I called and they told me to get up to the hospital to get monitored and that it sounded like I was in labor. I didn't want to have him on our anniversary but we had to wait and see what was said when we got there.

So I went up to the hospital around 2 and the monitor wasn't picking up my contractions! I was getting so angry, I was feeling tons of sharp pains and the monitor couldn't pick that up? They checked me and they were saying I was about 2cm, so after about an hour and a half they asked me to walk around for an hour and they would check again. So we walked for an hour and then went back to the triage room. They checked me again and I was about 2+cm but my contractions were worse and happening about 2 minutes apart!

The nurse decided that she didn't know if I should stay or go home, so she went and talked to the doctor. The options were stay and they were going to induce me or go home and come back when I couldn't talk through my contractions. The doctor decided to send me home. So I left the hospital around 6, sadly. I was hoping so bad that they were just going to break my water, but nope! So we spent the majority of our anniversary waiting to find out if I was in labor or not. They concluded that I'm in the early stage of labor and they said (including Dr. Terry) that since I'm already having labor pains and everything else that I will have him before Friday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I felt horrible that we spent the day in the hospital. I was going to make a super yummy salmon dinner and we were thinking about walking around Temple Square. Instead, we had burgers at Wendy's, then picked up a few groceries at Walmart and came home. Oh, and it was raining so the walk around Temple Square turned into walking around Walmart!

I can't believe its been a year since Nick and I were married. I love him so much and I really couldn't ask for a better husband. He is everything I've always wanted and so much more. He is going to make a wonderful father and I can't wait to come home (from who knows where) and see him playing video games or something while taking care of Neacel. Which he will explain as "I was showing the game to him" or "He wanted to watch." He can always get me to smile and I love him so much for that. I love that he is simply just a big kid! I love him for being the shoulder for me to cry on and the person that will sit there and listen to all of my problems (that I make so much harder than what they really are). I don't tell him often enough how much I care and appriciate everything he does for me and our growing family. He makes sure that Neacel and I have everything we need before he thinks of himself. He is a wonderful husband and father.
The thought of being married to someone for eternity has always kind of scared me, but this year has been so much fun that now I know eternity is just going to be wonderful! I wouldn't want to spend it with any one else. I love you Nick always and forever!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like you are getting so close!! I don't blame you for going in, I would have thought I was in labor for sure too. I am so excited for you!!!