Monday, November 24, 2008

Little Piggy

The jaundice is gone!
Doesn't he look like a little bug? Neacel was in the Bili bed for two nights and we hated every minute of it. Getting up every hour to check on him and make sure his eye patch things were still on and that he wasn't getting too hot, was awful. I was so happy to get the phone call saying that we could take him out of the bed. It was complete torture to have him in there. I can't just let him cry but I had to, there was nothing that we could do. Him being out of the bed has been a HUGE blessing. I can actually sleep at night now and he seems much happier! Before I would stay up all night with him and make sure everything was OK and then maybe get a hour or two once Nick got up. I would try and nap throughout the day but I just couldn't.
We gave Neacel his first bath here at home and he wasn't too thrilled about it! We had heard that some babies like baths because it reminds them of being in the womb. Well, he hates it and I'm guessing its because there wasn't any room in the womb for him so it could be slightly upsetting! He just screamed and cried the whole time. Nick and I felt bad but there was nothing we could do. Nick would put his Binky in his mouth and he would get quiet for a minute and then just start screaming again. Poor thing!
Here he is after his bath in his little ducky robe. I think its too cute. He still wasn't happy because he was cold and I was putting lotion on him. His skin is so dry on his hands and feet. I put lotion on them a few times a day but nothing is helping. The robe is also pretty big on him but most things are.
After a nice big bottle and getting some PJ's on he is happy and sound asleep! I love these little dino PJ's. I found them at Kid to Kid months ago and just had to have them for him. They are slightly big but oh well; that just means he can wear them a lot longer!!! Also, don't you just love his hair! The kid has tons of it! I was trying to get it to go in a mohawk but everything just stands straight up so instead it kind of just looks like a mess! I think this is just the cutest picture of him! We are totally obsessed with him.
He is growing a ton and looking more like Nick every day. We pulled out Nick's baby book and I swear to you, they are twins.
He is eating a ton, about 3-4oz every 2 hours. He is always hungry! He would eat more easily, but we aren't letting him till I talk to the doctor on Wednesday for his 2 week check up. When he is "starving" he shakes his head (like saying NO) while crying a little and snorts like a pig! It's cute in a pathetic kind of way! Almost like he is freaking out trying to find the bottle which we have already put in his mouth. He is being bottle fed which I really didn't want, but he won't latch on and my milk still hasn't come in. Nick thinks he won't latch on because he wants tons of food quickly (he drinks his bottle within minutes!) and well, things just don't work that way. He doesn't want to work for his food, he got spoiled while he was in my tummy, I guess the room service was a little too nice!
Sound asleep and ready for the BYU vs. UofU game. He and I ended up staying home, I had too much to get done around the house and he was really fussy. I didn't want to attempt going somewhere and him freaking out the whole time. It's a good thing we stayed home too. BYU lost, sorry Nick maybe next year! Nick was also a little hurt because Neacel decided to pee on his onsie and we all know how Nick feels about BYU and the Jazz, going potty on the onsie isn't allowed!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh how I love to see pictures of this boy, he is so darn handsome! Sounds like you are doing well. Sophie hated her baths too, until we turned on the shower really hot and filled the bathroom with steam (we bathed her on the counter), then she liked it. Tell Neacel to keep eating, I want him to be nice and chubby when we come see him for Christmas (hopefully)!!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, I think he is looking SO much like Nick! His eyes look like they are going to go brown though. They seem kind of dark in the pictures. They remind me of what Deklan's looked like when he was a baby. Almost until he was one they were a mixture of blue and brown. By the time he had his first b-day they were brown. They are still changing colors too.
Hey, one thing that Deklan really like when he was a baby was for me to take a bath with him. He actually really liked to shower with me too. Dallin HATED the shower though.
He is getting so big and looks so adorable! I can't wait to see you in a few days!!! :-))

Wild Wild West said...

I am sorry you had to experiance jaundice that was the hardest thing for keri and I to not be able to hold our new born. David was under the lights for 3 days. I am glas that he is out and doing well though.

Shelli said...

what a beautiful boy! congratulations! we can't wait for ours to come...just a few more weeks!