Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Neacel Parker Burt

I guess 3rd time is a charm!
So as you know last Monday I thought I was in labor. Wednesday I thought I was again. Around midnight my contractions were 4 minutes apart, so off to the hospital we go. After walking around for an hour and only being dilated to a 3, I was sent home with morphine and phenegren. We stopped at Sconecutter because it was 2:30 in the morning and I was hungry and in pain. Nick is just the best husband ever!
After coming home and going to bed, I woke up in the worst pain I ever thought imaginable just a few hours later. I remember laying there crying and saying "I don't want this, I don't want to do this anymore" I couldn't walk, talk or breathe through my contractions and they were one after another. There was no time to recover. Poor Nick because I woke him up out of a dead sleep was scared and panicking.
We went to the hospital sometime between 7am and 8am Thursday morning. We told the nurse that it was our third time there and that we didn't want to get sent home again. Luckily, they kept me. I was given my epidural within an hour and didn't feel another thing. I was dilating slower then normal, only a cm every hour and a half. The doctor and nurse were saying that Neacel would be here by 3pm! Around 3 I was still in labor, and needed another epidural. I love epidurals. At 4 is when things took a turn we weren't expecting. I was dilated to a 8, they mentioned I might need a c section but that we would wait and see. 5pm still an 8, 6pm still a solid 8cm! Shortly before 7 the doctor came in to check me again and I was still an 8. C section was the plan now and happening shortly. I was rolled into surgery around 7:20 and Neacel Parker Burt was born at 7:33pm! I look back and feel horrible because I was falling asleep during surgery and took one glance at Neacel and then started to doze off again. I should have tried to stay awake but I was so drugged up I couldn't keep my eyes open.
Nick in his super cool outfit that he got to wear in the O.R.

Neacel Parker Burt
8lbs 14 oz 22inches

Sweet baby boy

Proud daddy and son
Our first family photo

Neacel is now 6 days old and I love him more and more each day! We have come to agree that he has my nose and lips and sleeps like me, but everything else is Nick. He even has the little dimple! Nick and I would talk about what features we wanted him to have and from who. Our wishes were granted! Everything of Nick's that I wanted him to have he has and vice versa.
His jaundice got worse so last night and tonight he has to lay in one of those Bili Beds. Poor thing has to wear a net over his head so that we can cover his eyes, and I can only take him out to feed him or change his diaper. Tomorrow we will find out if he needs the bed for another night or not.

Poor thing laying in his bed, I hate it, but I know its helping him.

He does nothing but eat, sleep, fart, and make dirty diapers!

Welcome home!

I was trying to wake him up and I don't think he was to happy! He gives me so many different expressions, he is just to cute!

This picture just melts my heart. This is my little boy who I have waited so patiently to get here. I know its not the real smile but its just to darn cute! How can someone not love this face? A mother's love it a whole new overwhelming type of love!

We love you Neacel! Your everything we wanted and so much more. Love, Mommy and Daddy

7 comments:

jastalfam said...

so cute! congrats mandy! :)

Anonymous said...

He is so cute Mandy...Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! He already looks different then he did in the hospital. He's still so adorable though! I'm glad that mom is helping you. Is Nick starting to get any better? I miss you guys! I'm coming to visit soon!!!

Jessica said...

Hooray for pictures!!! He is so dang cute, I love that you can tell who his parents are already. I didn't think Sophie looked like ours for a long time and she still doesn't look like me. Anyway, Neacel looks healthy and happy. What a cute new family!

Wild Wild West said...

Welcome to the world little one!! I am so happy for the both of you!!!

Cieslak Family said...

He's such a cutie. We're glad things are going well for you guys. We want to come see him again, but Danielle and I have been sick lately so we're trying to keep our distance. I think that's a real smile. Danielle smiled all the time- I think they are really happy especially to finally meet the two people who love them more than anyone else in the world. Isn't motherhood wonderful?

Megan said...

I am so happy for you!! He is just adorable and precious. :) you must be so happy!! IF you ever need a babysitter....just give me a call. haha. He made it just in time for thanksgiving!