Sunday, September 19, 2010

Family Fun Night at U of A

A post by Nick.

The other night, in an effort to save money, we all went to the family fun night at the University of Akron. It was in the ballroom at the student union building, and they had all sorts of stuff set up for fun. They had family feud, crafts, board games, dancing and an favorite game in Ohio called "cornhole." As I like to point out, cornhole means butthole outside the state of Ohio, but no one seems to realize that.

Here Neacel is decorating a cookie.
Here is his chubby little hand putting on some sprinkles.

Tasting his creation.
I wasn't as angry as I look. Also, I think I look pretty trim in this picture. Down under 200, now that I'm not sitting at a desk all day.
Neacel happy to have some cotton candy.
Showing me that his mouth is "empty" so that he can have some more food.
Mandy pretending to be happy that I am taking her picture.
Neacel confused by the people dancing. Apparently there is something called the "Cleveland Hustle" which is sort of a combo between the "electric slide" and line dancing.
Neacel jumping after playing a game of "cornhole."
A view from a window in the Student Union building. In the background, Akron's terrible football team is practicing. They couldn't beat a punching bag if their life depended on it.
Butchel Hall, named after the schools founder in 1800 and something.
Neacel and Mommy going for a walk on campus.
A view in the center of campus.
The glass building in the background is their famous polymer engineering school.
The library where I spend a lot of time.
This is Kolbe Hall. My classroom is on the 4th floor.
This is Leigh Hall. Both of my classrooms are on the second floor.
Neacel and Daddy walking back to the car. Neacel wanted to push the stroller.
The walkway leading to the student recreation center.
Here is the new Zips football stadium.

No comments: