Saturday, September 25, 2010

34 weeks!

I can't believe that in 5 weeks or less, little Brody will be here! Time has seriously just flown by. I finally found a doctor that I like. Whats nice about this office compared to the other? Oh let's see....
-They weren't shocked that I was married
-Didn't freak out over the fact that both kids have the same "baby daddy"
-I don't have to get a 30 lecture on getting my tubes tied (which I'm not but I still was going to have to listen to this)
-I'm not the only white person in the clinic
-An actual doctor will do my surgery, not a resident
-They weren't shocked that I don't drink, smoke or take any kind of street drug, while pregnant or not (which just blew my mind)

That's only a handful of reasons, but those are the ones that stick out the most. The new office is closer to home and reminds me a lot of Dr. Terry's office, so that's a comfort. PLUS, they are going to do an ultrasound this Thursday so we can find out how big he is. I have always wanted an ultrasound later in pregnancy to get a better idea of everything and see the baby and the features, not just a little alien. According to Baby Center Broden is about 18inches and just a little under 5lbs...we will find out soon enough! Neacel was 8lbs 14oz and 22in at birth, and the dr and I don't want this baby to be that big at birth, I'd like a 7lb baby please. So if Brody is measuring ahead then the due date will be changed! So it's a possibility I could have him in a month or less. I don't have any pregnancy pictures because I feel HUGE and don't want to show the world. I am a ton smaller then I was with Neacel (I'm not even close to this and this is just a week ahead), I think Neacel realized he could stretch one way and would have more room and Broden is just staying close to mom :-)
This pregnancy has been a dream, no sickness, no swelling, plenty of cravings, and no more stretch marks!!!! So cross your fingers that we can have Broden sooner...I'd love maybe hmmm October 24th???
I'll update more about the family later, we are heading to Elyria for the day to see my family. My brother is back in town and preparing to leave on his mission (he reports Oct 13th and will be serving in Riverside Cali) so I have to see him. We are going apple picking, which Ill explain why later, and I have to drop off my money making Martha Stewart projects to a friends store......but apparently both the boys realized today was busier, its 10am and both are still sleeping, Neacel never sleeps past 9 at the latest....just my luck!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So glad that you found a doctor and office you like! What a relief. Never been apple picking, but always wanted to, take pictures!