Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Saturday we went up to Cleveland with my family. It was grandma Jacki's (step dads mom) birthday so that side of the family spent the day together. They were going to go on the Good-time 3 which is a 2 hour boat tour of the Cleveland area, but the waves were nuts due to the hurricane. So we all met at the Cleveland Natural History Museum. Neacel hadn't had much of a nap so I was thinking he would probably not be too fun, but he loved the museum and was just running around non stop. My child has to much energy! He loved the dino area, and the kids play area downstairs...he wasn't impressed with the jewels like I was.
We spent hours there and then decided to go get something sweet. We went to a place in Rocky River called Sweet Melissa's. Oh dear goodness, the sweets there are amazing! The cupcakes were HUGE! I couldn't finish one. (Jen, you would love this place, its one of those sweet treat snotty people places that you shouldn't take kids, but we totally would. You would die over the sweets though! I totally thought of you the whole time I was there) I had a carrot cake cupcake, which was good but it had pineapple in it, which is fine but I wasn't expecting it so it threw me off. I also had a chocolate covered strawberry, not just one chocolate but 3, white, milk and dark...can we say heaven? Nick had carrot cake but I think he was more impressed with his buffalo chicken wrap. Neacel had grilled cheese and fruit along with any sweets that he could get from all the adults! Such a little mooch.

We had a great time with family, but Nick had to hurry to my parents house to watch the BYU game. WOOHOO they won!!! Good thing they have a channel or two that he can watch a few games from. Mom and I went shopping and then to my Aunt Leslie's were we sat around eating peanut m&m's and talking. Peanut m&m's are a must at any late night gathering in my family. And if they aren't there someone will complain...

Sunday was spent baking and relaxing....nothing special. We had plenty to bake for labor day so we made Impossible Pie, Sunny delight (cake) and lemon bars.

Monday we went to Leslie's for a picnic and had a ton of fun. Neacel got stuck under a car because he was trying to get a basketball, so he has a nice scratched up chin. His clothes were filthy and he was happy. He chased the dogs all day and ate way too much. I was nice sitting around with family, talking and stuffing our faces with way to much food, but for some reason we never stopped. It was nice being at the first big family gathering since moving back out here, I can't wait for other gatherings!

***Don't forget the post below about Neacel.....***

No comments: