Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chicken Pizzaiola

So Mandy and I have been watching Everybody Loves Raymond a lot lately. On the show I have noticed them talk about "chicken pizzaiola" a couple of times. I didn't know what it was, but it sounded good to me. I googled it, and it said that "pizzaiola" is a term that refers to anything made with the flavors of pizza. Mmm. So I looked up a couple recipes and looked at what they put in it, and then I sort of made up my own, and it turned out really good. It's easy and you should make it. Now.

I made it for Mandy and I, but you can just multiply it for more people, or change ingredients to whatever you think tastes good.

2 chicken breasts
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
Handful of diced pepperoni
1 cup shredded cheese
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp garlic
1 jar pizza sauce
Italian herb seasoning to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil

I just took a baking dish and covered the bottom with olive oil. I then added the diced veggies and pepperoni to the dish, and seasoned them all with the garlic and the Italian herb seasoning. I placed the uncooked chicken on top of the veggies, and spooned a little of the veggie mixture on top of the chicken. I then salted and peppered the chicken. Then I covered the chicken with the pasta sauce, and then covered that with the cheeses.

I put it in the fridge to sit until we were ready to eat. We took it out 1/2 hour before cooking to let the dish warm up, and cooked it at 350 for 50 minutes. Oh man did it turn out tasty. Just place the chicken on a plate, and spoon on some veggies and some of the remaining liquid.

It was super easy to just throw it all together ahead of time, and plop it in the oven when we were ready to eat. Mmmm.

No comments: