Thursday, January 24, 2008

Catch Up Game

Well, I have some catching up to do. Luckily, its not to much!
Brandi and I went shopping at The Gateway on Friday. I have only been there once of twice and I love it there! She had the boys with her and Deklan had me laughing so hard at one point. He kept running in front of us, well there were cones on the sidewalk and he stopped looked at them, looked at us, kicked them over and ran off again. I thought I was going to die of laughter. Brandi yelled for him to come back to us. He came running back, looked at the cones and said " I should probably pick these up" picked them up and came running. The look on his face when he kicked them over was priceless. So, I told Nick I would be home about the time he came home. Oops traffic killed me! I was supposed to be home at 5:30 but I didn't get there till 7! I felt so bad...I learned not to take I-15 around 5!

Nick and I have started a new tradition also. Saturdays are sample days at Costco so we go there for lunch. I'll grab 2 of something and if we really like it then he will go and grab 2. It's amazing how samples fill you up! Then we walk around talking about how we want to open a candy store or something and how easy it would be to make a profit. I want a candy shop like in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...

Monday we were blessed with 10 inches of snow! I love the snow but hate the timing. It was a 4 day weekend for me but because of the snow Nick took his car and I was stuck home for the day. I don't mind being home its the thought that I can't leave when I want that drives me nuts. So I sat around and cleaned while watching a marathon of America's Next Top Model...when my plans were to go to the temple and to Old Navy...that changed! Oh well things got done around the place.

Nick started feeling yucky on Friday night and still isn't completely over it. Poor thing! I didn't allow him to go to work yesterday. He was so pale and had a fever. I came home early to take care of him and I knew he was feeling better when he wanted doughnuts and cupcakes. So after the BYU game we went to the gas station and got those along with energy drinks for today.

We spend most of our evenings watching tv. I have never watched as much tv in my entire life as I do now. Last night we were watching this show called "Life After People" it was really interesting. It explains what would happen to the world if we all suddenly dissappeared. What would happen to our pets? Homes? What would change in a week, a year, 5 years and so on...it tell what will happen up to 1000 years. We weren't able to watch the whole thing. It was on till 11 and we usually pass out in bed by 10. But the show is really interesting. It tells things that are pretty much common sense but you don't think about. I want to watch the last hour of it...I want to know what would happen in a 1000 years!

We are doing well though. Both working a ton and getting excited to go to Vegas in 2 weeks for my birthday and Valentine's! Since they are a week apart Nick says its not fair...but this is going to be the Best birthday present ever.....I have always wanted to go to Vegas! We are hoping around summer to go on a cruise too! Figured we can enjoy things like this before we start a family!

We love and miss everyone! Hope everyone is doing well....

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You guys are the cutest couple! I love your stories, Costco sample day sounds like fun! I can totally relate to your cabin fever too, I make Dan take the bus to school although most of the time I don't drive anywhere all day... I just want to be able to go if I want to! Stay healthty so you can enjoy Vegas!! I expect some pictures from your trip on the blog soon!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so stinking cute!!! I love it! Where do you get those cute backgrounds?
I had fun at the gateway too. My favorite is how you kept laughing at us for speaking Italian! :)
Have fun in Vegas!
Instead of a cruise you two should come to Hawaii with us. We got free tickets over there! (Now we have to save up enough to stay somewhere)