Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas & New Years

So it's weeks after Christmas and I'm just now posting something about it! Sorry!

Christmas was interesting this year. Poor Nick was sick 2 days before Christmas. Luckily, he was feeling better by the time everyone was there. The whole family was there Christmas Eve and stayed the night. It was a change for me, but it was really nice to see everyone; all the kids running around so excited that Santa was coming that night. Christmas Eve was really nice and peaceful. We sat around eating way too much and singing Christmas songs. The kids sang songs and danced, the family talked about old Christmas memories. Christmas morning all the family opened presents from each other. Nick and I got more bake wear and picture frames... as much as we love them, we already got tons of them from the wedding! (Those were our popular gifts)
Nick and I, after spending time with family, went downstairs and had our own little Christmas. It was cute sitting by our little Charlie Brown tree, opening presents. I think we both did well with gifts for Christmas; nothing was returned and everything fit.

The day after Christmas I woke up sick, with almost exactly what Nick had, so I laid around in bed all day instead of packing. Oh well! By the 1st Nick and I were living in our bedroom. His parents needed to rent the basement out so we are living upstairs now. It's tough but its not horrible. We have a much smaller space than before, but it's less to clean for me. Amazingly, I've kept things clean with the small area!

New Years Eve we went to First Night SLC. Interesting is about the only thing I can say! It was absolutely freezing. We sat down and watched some break dancers after we walked around a little bit and then they had this fire circus thing, which we were kind of excited for. It turned out to be horrible, the people just kept doing the same thing over and over. Nick and I agreed that some of the "moves" they were doing weren't really apporiate for kids. We would look around and the kids looked completely puzzled. We weren't impressed at all. When they were finally done, we were freezing and I couldn't feel my feet and I thought my wrist was frozen! I couldn't move it at all; so we went and stood by a fire and then decided Carls Jr would be warmer, so we sat in there for a while. After a while we decided it was too cold to stay; so we went home and watched the ball drop on tv while sitting on the couch in pjs and drinking hot cocoa. We said Happy New Years to each other and watched some of the fireworks that were going on in the valley and then went to bed!

We went and saw I AM LEGEND finally! I was so excited and then I ended up leaving the moving pretty much in tears. I was so completely scared and couldn't sleep that night. The movie was good looking back on it, but my goodness, that night was horrible! We also saw JUNO and I thought that was the most amazing movie ever! I think its something that teen girls need to see. It basically shows options you have if your young and prego. It was the best movie I have seen in a long time! I recommend it to everyone!

Other than that we have been staying busy: seeing friends, going to dinner, working, shopping the normal things right? We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years...

And Im going to make another resolution right now!
Im going to post things on here when they happen....not weeks later!

No comments: