Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Till We Meet Again

Photobucket

Sunday night Nick and I are watching TV when all of the sudden "Breaking News." You never really know what to expect. I didn't expect this at all, our wonderful loving Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley passed away at 7pm. I'm still in complete shock. Nick and I just sat there for a second and then he went to tell his parents to turn on the news. As soon as he left the room I burst into tears. The only prophet that I can remember had passed away. A dream so unreal...

I called my mom and told her, she paused and then asked if I was serious. We then hung up the phone so she could call Mimmim and Papa (her parents). She called me back wanting to know everything I knew. We sat there in complete silence for a minute, trying to let things sink in...

The thought still brings me to tears.
Photobucket
Him and his wife were so adorable together and I'm glad that they are together again. You could see the love in their eyes for each other, they were so happy!
I want to be like them at that age, always smiling and never letting go of your eternal companion. What a wonderful example for every couple... I think they were just the cutest couple. I always smile when I see pictures of them together.

Gordon Bitner Hinckley
Photobucket

He was such a wonderful man and an inspiration to everyone. I was never able to personally meet him but he is one of those people that you don't have to. You listen to everything he says and you feel like you have known him forever. His spirit was so strong and touched you with every word that he said. His words were gentle but somehow so strong. He was a wonderful prophet. Every time I heard him talk I got this warm comfortable feeling. I had the opportunity to go to Women's Conference and just to see him sitting there and then actually seeing him walk to the podium and speak was a dream come true. I wasn't able to completely listen I was in complete shock that there he was, the Prophet of the Lord, is in the same room as me. He is the only prophet I can remember and he has done a wonderful job with building the church. I loved his sense of humor, many times I remember laughing from something he said. I loved his stories from growing up, I always pictured this wonderful fun loving child. Gordon B. Hinckley touched many peoples lives and I'm sure he will still touch many more. He is deeply loved and truly missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO SWEET! I love Hinckley!!! That picture of him as a young man brings tears to my eyes too. A lot of the pictures of him do. Heston and I were going to try to go to his viewing but we can't find a babysitter and we know our kids wont make it through the line that is going to be there. :(