Saturday, January 26, 2008

Its Been a Long Day

What a day! This morning my wonderful hair dryer died.
Photobucket

I had this hair dryer that was my Mom's when she was about 17. She bought me tons of hair dryers and I hated them all so I would take hers. It's the only one I've ever liked. Well, this morning I was blow drying my hair and then it started to spark a little. It's done this for a while so you just turn it off and let it cool for a while then everything is fine again. SO about half an hour later I turn it back on use it for maybe 2 mintues then the handle started to spark and then it caught on fire! Im holding it away from me and just keep yelling for Nick. I'm thinking a million things "Water...wait no that would cause an eletrical shock, put it on the floor and run...nope I would catch the house on fire, where is Nick?" Finally, I decide it's safe to unplugg it. Nick walked into the bathroom and I'm crying because my hair dryer is dead. It really was sad for me! Then he blew in it and nothing but smoke came out...then he ran it under water to make sure it's safe to put in the garbage. I cried and cried.

So now my hair is still wet kinda and I have nothing to dry it with and my hair isn't cute when its half and half. I'm kinda like carrot top but with a different color. So I put it up in a ponytail because it's Saturday and we have to hurry to Costco's for sample day!

Well, the band I put in my hair was just pulling a ton so I was trying to stretch it out; I have to break a certain part of it. Nick went to help and broke it! I just burst out in tears... First the hair dryer then my hair is horrible and I have nothing to pull it back with.

Samples were great this week though! Chili, chicken noodle soup, lil' smokies, spring rolls, and some other things but it was nice. I didn't think about anything bugging me!

So we went to get gas in the car and I'm mad about my hair again so I take the broken band and tie it so that it still works but is really tacky! But it worked so I didn't care. Luckily we had to run to Smith's so I was able to buy some bands that would work better than mine.

So at this point it's still early in the day so we went to a dollar movie. We went and saw Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The movie was really cute. Nick even said it wasn't that bad!!

We went to Wal-mart and Nick bought me a new hair dryer... Nothing will ever be able to replace the one I had. Old and wonderful...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!!!! Not your favorite hair dryer!!! What are you going to do now????? SAD!!!!:(
The pictures of that movie looked really cute!

Jessica said...

That is the funniest story ever!! It's one of those things I've never though about... what if my hair blow dryer caught FIRE?!! I'm sorry you lost an old friend, but rest assured they make much better ones now-a-days! :) I want to see that movie, I'll have to tell Dan that Nick said it was okay.